How ARISE Works
There are many reasons to consider an online education, including a learning atmosphere of your own design. You will have the flexibility to work around life, whether it is for your job, medical needs, or other reasons like individualized attention, challenging coursework and unique career prep offerings.
- Why ARISE?
- What makes a student successful at ARISE Virtual Academy?
- Getting Started
- It's Time for Class
- Doing Homework
- And Then you Graduate!
It's about flexibility for the life you have now and preparing for the one you want tomorrow. ARISE Virtual Academy gives students a solid academic foundation and a real plan for their future. We offer an environment that encourages and engages you, helping you to succeed.
We offer accommodations for students with special needs, advanced placement courses and honors programs for middle and high school students who need the extra challenge. Our mentors carefully place each student according to their academic strengths and then help them build an individualized learning plan based on their goals and interests.
- Essentials. Our core courses help students master the essentials of language, math, the sciences and social studies, while improving skills like reading comprehension and problem solving.
- Specialized coursework. There are vocational and college prep classes, honors and advanced placement courses to help students prepare for their future.
- Exceptional Electives. The ARISE course catalog with exceptional offerings too. Courses that encourage students to explore critical thinking, creative writing, law and order, computer science and many others.
An Esteemed Program
Our online program is widely respected and nationally recognized. A transcript from the ARISE Virtual Academy is as transferable and as widely accepted as other transcripts from any traditional public middle or high school in Wisconsin. We are among Wisconsin's best schools. So you'll graduate with a diploma that can take you to Wisconsin state universities, private institutions, technical and vocational programs, and esteemed colleges throughout the nation.
You will be able to talk to your teachers or mentors via telephone, email, texting or video conferencing 7 days a week. All ARISE teachers are fully and specifically licensed in their subject areas. Students and parents receive weekly progress reports. Open lab hours are available on location at the Franklin Middle School building for additional help and answers to questions every Monday through Friday from 8am-3pm.
Desire to Learn
- Our best students are self-motivated. ARISE offers a safe, supportive, exciting place to learn. We'll help you prioritize tasks and develop the time management skills you'll need to thrive here ... and anywhere else. Graduation can sometimes feel pretty far away, but remember your teachers and mentors are available to help you stay focused.
- Most of our coursework takes approximately three to four hours a day, five days a week to stay on task. This includes the reading, typing assignments, oral exams, and discussion threads. Some students may need a little more each day; others, a little less. Many of our students work at a pace that often results in early graduation.
- Find the study times and places that work best for you—whether that means parking yourself at the kitchen table or heading off to a coffee shop. Good study habits will see you through the toughest courses, and 24/7 access to learning materials and tutoring means you will have great support in reaching your goals.
- Are you going to college, tech school, the military or entering the world of work? At the ARISE Virtual Academy we will be meeting with you every quarter to ensure we are doing everything we can to help you attain your goals.
- ARISE Virtual Academy helps students become more independent learners. We ask them to take control of their academic path. Together we will help them manage their time and meet due dates. We ask them to study hard and master their course work. We ask you to offer them your valued support.
- We know that the world is a busy place and that you may not be able to put in the time you wish you could, but parental interest and involvement can be critical to your child's success. So we've developed tools to help parents stay involved and informed.
- You'll have input in your student's curriculum from the very start. Your son/daughters mentor will help you and your child develop an individualized academic plan for graduation (and beyond).
- Our teachers and mentors are always available to parents and provide regular progress reports throughout the semester.
- You'll get a personal login, so you can check in on your student's progress, schedule and grades.
- To keep students on track, we ask parents to call us if their student gets sick, just like you would for a traditional school.
- What if family obligations require your student to take an extended break from class? There are state rules and policies concerning online attendance to follow, and your student's success is our first concern. But we'll do what we can to develop a schedule that everyone can agree on.
You will be logging on to your coursework daily, during a time that is convenient for you. You will be able to talk to your teachers via telephone, email, texting or video conferencing. All ARISE teachers are fully and specifically licensed in their subject areas.
Each week you and your parents will receive a progress report from your mentor. You will be able to talk to your mentor 7 days a week and ask any questions you may have. We have open lab hours on site where you can come for help Monday through Friday 8am-3pm.
Just like a traditional school, there are reading and writing assignments, projects, quizzes and tests. But unlike traditional schools, everything you need to study is available 24/7, starting on the first day of classes. There are online extras like video simulations, discussion boards, blogs and wikis. You can learn largely at your pace, where and when it works for you.
There are still school deadlines because due dates do help students stay on track and avoid end-of-the-quarter cramming and stress. These target dates may be somewhat flexible; and together, you and your teacher will find the schedule that works best. Juniors and Seniors will have more specific and rigid deadlines.
Essentials. Our core courses help students master the essentials of language, math, the sciences and social studies, while improving skills like reading comprehension and problem solving.
Specialized coursework. There are vocational and college prep classes, honors and advanced placement courses to help students prepare for their future.
Exceptional Electives. The ARISE course catalog with exceptional offerings too. Courses that encourage students to explore critical thinking, creative writing, law and order, computer science and many others.